Aside from bringing nice weather, spring also brings an abundance of delicious fruits and vegetables. One of these vegetables is asparagus. Asparagus is known to have a lot of nutritional and health benefits and not to mention, numerous delicious recipes.
Asparagus is such a versatile vegetable; you can use it in a salad, you can grill it, you can puree it and use it in a soup. My favorite way of preparing asparagus is by stir frying it. So today we are making Stir Fried Beef and Asparagus. This dish is simple, and easy to prepare.
I hope you are all enjoying spring. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful week!
- 1 lb top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb asparagus - cut to 1 inch long
- 1 small yellow onion - sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper - sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ Tablepoon minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¾ Tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Slice beef to ½ inch wide strips and then set aside.
- Prepare the marinade by combining soy sauce, dry sherry, cornstarch, and 2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add sliced beef and mix until fully coated.
- Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- While beef is marinating, cut the onions, bell pepper, and mince the garlic and ginger.
- Combine 2 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water and set aside.
- Combine the sauce ingredents in a sauce pan.
- Place the sauce pan over medium heat and stir occassionaly until it simmers.
- Turn off the heat and cover the sauce pan.
- Place wok over high heat and let the wok heat up until it's almost smoking.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the asparagus and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper and onion and stir fry for another 30 seconds.
- Transfer all the veggies in a plate and then set aside.
- Return the wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- When the wok is hot, add ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Add slices of marinated beef.
- Stir fry until beef is slightly browned.
- Return the vegetables in the wok and stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Stir in the sauce and mix until all are combined.
- Stir in the water and cornstarch mixture.
- Let it boil until sauce thickens.
- Add Sesame oil.
- Serve hot with rice.
Your comment is always appreciated.