I have been meaning to post this citrusy, minty, sweet and refreshing iced tea for a couple of weeks now but the timing just wasn’t right. You know, it’s been too cold. Well, I have been getting a little peak of sunshine these past couple of days and the forecast will be in the 80’s in the coming days. Well, here it is.
But if it’s still cold in your area, please forgive me as it wasn’t my intention to rub it in. Just bookmark the treat for the summer.
- 2½ cups fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 10 ripe strawberries
- 1 cup sugar or to taste
- 5 green tea bags
- 1 cup boiled water
- 3 sprigs mint
- Boil about 1¼ cup of water.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove pot from the heat and add mint leaves and tea bags.
- Let it steep and cool to room temperature for one hour.
- While the tea being cooled, squeeze the orange juice then set it aside.
- In a blender, add strawberries, orange juice, lemon juice.
- Place strainer on top of the blender and pour the cooled tea. Discarding all the solids.
- Blend the mixture for a about 10 seconds.
- Pour over glass of ice.
- Add more sugar if desired.