Orange Mint Iced Tea

ORANGE MINT ICED TEA

I have been meaning to post this citrusy, minty, sweet and refreshing iced tea for a couple of weeks now but the timing just wasn’t right. You know, it’s been too cold. Well, I have been getting a little peak of sunshine these past couple of days and the forecast will be in the 80’s in the coming days. Well, here it is.

But if it’s still cold in your area, please forgive me as it wasn’t my intention to rub it in. Just bookmark the treat for the summer.

Orange Mint Iced Tea

1. 2 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
  2. 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  3. 10 ripe strawberries
  4. 1 cup sugar or to taste
  5. 5 green tea bags
  6. 1 cup boiled water
  7. 3 sprigs mint
  8. Ice

1. Boil about 1 1/4 cup of water.
  2. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
  3. Remove pot from the heat and add mint leaves and tea bags.
  4. Let it steep and cool to room temperature for one hour.
  5. While the tea being cooled, squeeze the orange juice then set it aside.
  6. In a blender, add strawberries, orange juice, lemon juice.
  7. Place strainer on top of the blender and pour the cooled tea. Discarding all the solids.
  8. Blend the mixture for a about 10 seconds.
  9. Pour over glass of ice.
  10. Add more sugar if desired.

45 Comments → “Orange Mint Iced Tea”

1. Helene D'Souza Identicon Icon Helene D'Souza

This comes at a good time because summer is coming up again soon here and we literally melt away in the humid tropical heat. The flavors you chose in your iced tea are exactly what I would be looking for. Also I never thought of this before, which makes it all the more interesting. Thanks for sharing Ray!

Oh yes summer will be there in your part of the world soon. I hope you’d enjoy this iced tea. Thank you Helene! :)

2. Ray, I see a lot of drink recipes around the internet but it’s rare that I find one where I feel the need to immediately head to the store for ingredients! This looks so refreshing with great flavor, can’t wait to make some!

Thank you Kristy. I hope you’d like it. :)

Now that is a beautiful glass of tea!!! This one I am definitely pinning for the warmer weather. (Still in my hot tea mode. :)) Love all of those wonderful flavors and your pictures is breathtaking my dear. Hope you’re having a great week!

Thank you for the kind words my friend. Happy pinning. :)

4. bamskitchen Identicon Icon bamskitchen

Hi there Ray! This is such a refreshing fruity tea. Love it! A great time of the year when oranges are so plentiful. If you noticed lots of extra traffic coming from HK , thats me. I was looking over your site the other day trying to pick a Philipino dish that is one of the basic dishes to try and that is teenager friendly. What one from your site do you suggest I try? So many, it is a little overwhelming…

Well since summer will be there in a few months, you may try the purple yam ice cream that I posted before. I’m sure they will enjoy it. Thank you very much Bam. :)

• bamskitchen Identicon Icon bamskitchen

Purple yam icecream sounds divine! Thanks Ray, have a super weekend.

You’re welcome and I hope you’d enjoy the ice cream. :)

5. Amira Identicon Icon Amira

What a relaxing drink and music :). I’ve been trying to make a good iced tea that is kid friendly. I’ve a kid with ADHD and was trying the caffeine trick. Will sure give this a try.

Thank you and I hope you and your child would enjoy this drink. Thank you Amira. :)

6. Yi @ Yi Reservation Identicon Icon Yi @ Yi Reservation

It’s below freezing here in NYC but I’d take a glass of this refreshing orange mint ice tea anytime!! Love your video instruction – so beautifully made. Great post!

Thank you for the kind words, Yi. :)

A very refreshing drink indeed will save for warmer days. My area is currently covered with more than a foot of snow .

Thank you so much Norma and I hope you get the warmer days soon. :)

8. John@Kitchen Riffs Identicon Icon John@Kitchen Riffs

Still cold here (and snowing today!) but this recipe is so, so timely: we can make this and pretend the weather is much warmer! This looks wonderful — love the color. Thanks.

Thank you John and keep warm. :)

9. A delicious and beautiful drink, Ray.

10. Yup, still cold here Ray, but never mind, you have brought a ‘ray’ of sunshine with this lovely drink. Bookmarking for when the weather is bit warmer. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

Thank you Hester and you too have a nice weekend. :)

11. Mary Frances Identicon Icon Mary Frances

I would love to serve a big batch of this at a summer party. It sounds delicious and the color is gorgeous!

Thank you for the compliment Mary Frances. :)

12. Liz Identicon Icon Liz

This has got to be the most beautiful iced tea I’ve seen! And it sounds delicious, too!!!

13. Hi Ray, this iced tea looks so refreshing! I have tried several iced teas, but I don’t think, I ever tried orange one. Looks so tempting!

14. This looks so good and so refreshing! ..and there’s strawberries!

Even in the middle of the winter one needs some refreshing drinks, so thank you for waking us up with this beautiful glass of mint tea. I would never think of such a combination and will definitely try it (apart from strawberries I think).

Thank you Sissi. I hope you’d like it. :)

16. Sitting at the airport in Miami hoping our flight back to New England won’t be canceled because of the snowstorm there. Since I’m leaving warm weather, I’ll dream about our first warm day up north and your tea. :)

Thank you Karen. I hope it gets warmer in our area soon. :)

What a beautiful color…and it must taste delicious with all the citrus in it…I am saving this recipe…
    Thanks for the recipe Ray and hope you are having a great week :D

18. Aurica Identicon Icon Aurica

what a great day or evening to start with this fresh, juicy and delicious iced tea, excellent ;)

19. Christine Identicon Icon Christine

The weather is quite warm here.
    I love the vibrant colour of this orange mint tea. Looks so refreshing. Thanks for this cool idea.

Thank you for the compliment Christine. :)

20. I just finished watching the video and my throat is so thirsty wanting this tea!!! Orange, strawberries, and mint for tea? Sounds so delicious!

21. This ice tea looks so refreshing and just perfect for a warm day! Orange and mint are an ideal combination.

Thank you Judit and Corina. :)

22. Carolyn Jung Identicon Icon Carolyn Jung

Looks so refreshing. A perfect sip for summer.

× three = 3