Orange Mint Iced Tea

ORANGE MINT ICED TEA

I have been meaning to post this citrusy, minty, sweet and refreshing iced tea for a couple of weeks now but the timing just wasn’t right. You know, it’s been too cold. Well, I have been getting a little peak of sunshine these past couple of days and the forecast will be in the 80’s in the coming days. Well, here it is.

But if it’s still cold in your area, please forgive me as it wasn’t my intention to rub it in. Just bookmark the treat for the summer.

Orange Mint Iced Tea

• 2½ cups fresh orange juice
  • 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 10 ripe strawberries
  • 1 cup sugar or to taste
  • 5 green tea bags
  • 1 cup boiled water
  • 3 sprigs mint
  • Ice
  1. Boil about 1¼ cup of water.
  2. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
  3. Remove pot from the heat and add mint leaves and tea bags.
  4. Let it steep and cool to room temperature for one hour.
  5. While the tea being cooled, squeeze the orange juice then set it aside.
  6. In a blender, add strawberries, orange juice, lemon juice.
  7. Place strainer on top of the blender and pour the cooled tea. Discarding all the solids.
  8. Blend the mixture for a about 10 seconds.
  9. Pour over glass of ice.
  10. Add more sugar if desired.

FacebookGoogle+Email

Comments

1. says

This comes at a good time because summer is coming up again soon here and we literally melt away in the humid tropical heat. The flavors you chose in your iced tea are exactly what I would be looking for. Also I never thought of this before, which makes it all the more interesting. Thanks for sharing Ray!

2. says

Now that is a beautiful glass of tea!!! This one I am definitely pinning for the warmer weather. (Still in my hot tea mode. :)) Love all of those wonderful flavors and your pictures is breathtaking my dear. Hope you’re having a great week!

3. says

Hi there Ray! This is such a refreshing fruity tea. Love it! A great time of the year when oranges are so plentiful. If you noticed lots of extra traffic coming from HK , thats me. I was looking over your site the other day trying to pick a Philipino dish that is one of the basic dishes to try and that is teenager friendly. What one from your site do you suggest I try? So many, it is a little overwhelming…

4. says

What a relaxing drink and music :). I’ve been trying to make a good iced tea that is kid friendly. I’ve a kid with ADHD and was trying the caffeine trick. Will sure give this a try.

5. says

Even in the middle of the winter one needs some refreshing drinks, so thank you for waking us up with this beautiful glass of mint tea. I would never think of such a combination and will definitely try it (apart from strawberries I think).

6. says

What a beautiful color…and it must taste delicious with all the citrus in it…I am saving this recipe…
    Thanks for the recipe Ray and hope you are having a great week 😀