Garlic & Chili Mushrooms

Garlic and Chili Mushrooms

When we were strolling in and around downtown San Diego a couple of years ago, I couldn’t help but drop by one of my favorite stores — “World Market.” This little cookbook titled “Spanish” by Margaret Barca caught my eyes. It is packed with a lot of good . . . guess what? You got it — Spanish recipes. This book has quite a lot of pages dedicated on Tapas. “Garlic & Chili Mushrooms” is one of them and I think you should try it if you’re into Tapas.

Garlic & Chili Mushrooms

• 9 oz cleaned button mushrooms - stems removed (optional)
  • 5 cloves garlic - chopped
  • ½ cup finely chopped parsley
  • 1 dried chili - finely chopped
  • 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 4 Tablespoon dry sherry
  • ¼ teaspoon Spanish paprika
  • Ground black pepper and salt to taste
  1. Place skillet or wok over high heat then add oil.
  2. When the oil is hot, add garlic then saute for 1 minute (don't burn the garlic).
  3. Add mushroom and the rest of the ingredients.
  4. Cook for about 5 minutes.
  5. Serve warm or room temperature.

Garlic and Chili Mushrooms

FacebookGoogle+Email

Comments

1. says

Love! Love! Love your video! Great video editing and great little recipe. I was so happy to see 5 cloves of garlic in the recipe. Delicious. I can’t wait to see more of your videos. Take care, BAM

• says

I’m glad you liked it. I’m sorry if it doesn’t have that pro quality. I was just testing my CAM to see how it works and I’m not sure about more. We’ll see. :) Thank you very much, BAM!

2. says

I adore Spanish food…probably because Filipino food is so closely related. And partly because I love Spain! Everywhere in Spain – be it Madrid, Barcelona, or Sevilla – you’ll find these garlicky mushrooms in tapas bars. They’re so tasty…Sigh…I miss Spain.

• says

Me too, I love Spanish food because of similarity with our dishes. Well, Spaniards were a resident of the Philippines for over 300 years. That is why we are the only ones in Asia that has the Spanish last names. Thank you for the comment, Jen! :)

3. says

When I saw the title of this post, I knew I would LOVE this dish and I wasn’t wrong! It’s been almost 20 years since we went to a Tapas restaurant in Washington D.C. and had some spicy mushrooms. They were SO good. I think that’s what started my love of mushrooms and spice. Up until then I had only had mushrooms, garlic and herbs. I just want to grab a fork and start poking the computer screen in hopes of grabbing one of those delicious looking mushrooms! What a beautiful bowl of goodness! I just finished off a bottle of sherry. Looks like it’s time to pick up another one. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! And of course, you know that I’m going to have to check out that cookbook. If you see an email from Bobby, you’ll know I purchased it. He’ll want to say “Thanks” (sarcasm). :)

• says

Thank you so much for the kind words, MJ. And yes, when you get a chance, pick up a copy at World Market and of course Bobby wouldn’t mind. Haha! :)

4. Eha Identicon Eha says

:) ! Ray. most women are pretty good at multitasking: well, they have to be! BUT: I surely did not know whether I should tap with hands in curlicues above my head or try and cook this delightful mushroom dish :) ? ‘Jokes’ aside: lovley variant looking very appetizing:) ! Hot instead of smoked paprika???

• says

Or dance to the Flamenco, Eha! LOL! You can use sweet paprika also if you prefer and it would be as good. Thank you very much for a lovely comment. :)

5. says

As a huge mushroom fan, I can eat this instead of chocolate! Well, I love chocolate too but to be on diet, all I need is something to satisfy my hunger….and this will totally replace my craving for chocolate (and I’m a chocoholic too). I love this easy and delicious recipe. I buy mushrooms all the time and always have some in the fridge. Thanks for the great recipe Ray!!

6. Cristina Identicon Cristina says

I was drooling over that image of the mushrooms and reading over the ingredients before I watched your video, Ray. My friend, your video is done SO WELL!! Love your camera angles, the music and how you set it all up. Wow! I’m so going to make these delish mushrooms next week. What a great dish…

7. says

Ray, I’m so sorry for coming so late, but I’ve been recently a bit lost… The mushrooms look fantastic not only as tapas but also as a side dish. Congratulations for the video! The music makes us feel almost like in Spain.

8. says

We often forget how incredible a well-cooked mushroom can taste. It doesn’t need much to become a star. This dish with its simple flavorings shows just that.

9. says

I missed so many of your posts…got to subscribe! First got to say I loved the video, wonderfully edited. And second I love, love mushrooms as you probably know :) What a great recipe and colors, and spices…oh I have to try this soon! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week ahead!

10. says

Ray I love the video so much. I’m just trying to learn how to do video myself and am completely clueless as to editing. Much more research to do before I can start. Love the style of yours, much more fun than just a “talkie talk” video, lol.

I completely dig this but we don’t eat mushrooms, isn’t that weird. What foodie doesn’t eat mushrooms right, I should be banished. But I’m looking at this and thinking it would work perfectly with tiny potatoes or cauliflower too. I need to try this. Any time I get to whip out my cast iron pan I’m a happy girl.

• says

Oh my goodness, Kim. Making video is a lot of work. I guess Talkie Talk video is not for everyone. At least not for me. Well, I used hate mushrooms but I realized that if I don’t learn how to love mushroom then. . . I’m not a “fun guy.” LOL! Thank you, Kim! You always put a smile on my face each time you visit. :)

11. brittany Identicon brittany says

WOW! I love mushrooms, have eaten them multiple different ways. These are by far my favorite and taste AMAZING!!!! I had to alter a few ingredients because I didn’t have sherry (used marsala) and a few other likewise substitutes. GREAT RECIPE! I literally ate the entire thing myself.

• says

Hi Candice,

You can buy Spanish paprika from most big supermarkets’ herbs and spice aisles. Mostly in the brand of McCormick. Thank you for asking. :)

Trackbacks