When we were strolling in and around downtown San Diego a couple of years ago, I couldn’t help but drop by one of my favorite stores — “World Market.” This little cookbook titled “Spanish” by Margaret Barca caught my eyes. It is packed with a lot of good . . . guess what? You got it — Spanish recipes. This book has quite a lot of pages dedicated on Tapas. “Garlic & Chili Mushrooms” is one of them and I think you should try it if you’re into Tapas.
- 9 oz cleaned button mushrooms - stems removed (optional)
- 5 cloves garlic - chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 dried chili - finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoon dry sherry
- ¼ teaspoon Spanish paprika
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Place skillet or wok over high heat then add oil.
- When the oil is hot, add garlic then saute for 1 minute (don't burn the garlic).
- Add mushroom and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Your comment is always appreciated.