Now that the scorching summer is here, why don’t we kick it off by making an ice cream and not just an ice cream but something with a twist? I know this particular flavor will sure raise some eyebrows, and for some, it will be a refreshing familiar treat. In many Asian countries, avocado is regarded as fruit and consumed as such. One of the most popular treats using this delicious fruit is avocado milk shake.
Well, whether it’s milk shake or in ice cream form, I’m sure you will enjoy every drop of these babies.
Stay cool my friends!
- 2 small avocados plus 1 reserve
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut and remove the cores of two of the avocados.
- Using a spoon, scrape avocado flesh and into the blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- blend and puree.
- Transfer in a plastic sealed container.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut and remove the core of the reserved avocado
- Finely chop but not mashed then set aside.
- Slowly transfer ice cream mix into the frozen ice cream mixing bowl.
- Let it mix for about 10 minutes.
- Slowly spoon in chopped avocado.
- Let it turn for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a sealed freezer-safe plastic container.
- Place in the freezer until frozen or overnight.
You may also want to check some of our friends’ unique and delicious ice cream recipes:
Nami’s Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Tina’s Jackfruit and Cashew Ice Cream
Adora’s Cheese Ice Cream
Oggi’s Halo Halo and Ub e Macapuno Ice Cream
Mark and Reese’s Mint Fennel Ice Cream
Your comment is always appreciated.