To me, Lime and cilantro are the perfect combination as a base for chicken marinade; it adds a distinct accent of flavor to the meat. In this particular recipe, I glazed the wings with sweet chili sauce as a finishing touch.
Just to add a little complication to counter the sweetness and sourness, I used fish sauce instead of plain salt. And lastly, for a little heat, I added some Sambal Chili paste. Well, It’s summer, and you know what that means. It’s grilling season! So, let’s grill and let’s eat. CHEERS!
Your comment is always appreciated.
Cilantro & Lime Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs cut chicken wings (not whole)
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon gound black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sambal Oelek (or more for more heat)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
Marinating the Chicken
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken wings then mix until fully coated.
- Transfer wings in a Ziploc bag including marinade.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours.
Grilling the Chicken Wings
- Pour about 1 cup of sweet chili sauce in a bowl then set aside (for glazing).
- Pre heat BBQ grill to 400 degrees.
- Carefully place chicken wings on the grill.
- Grill for about 4 minutes on each side or until FULLY cooked.
- Generously brush sweet chili sauce and let it cook for another 2 minute on each side.
- Transfer cooked wings on a serving plate.
- Brush more sweet chili sauce on each wings.
- Serve immediately.