One of the good things about summer is the abundance of sweet watermelons and its prices that are unbelievably low. So whenever I have lots of watermelon on hand, I always think of watermelon cocktails. It is refreshing and it’s great for backyard entertaining. This recipe of Mojito was inspired by Bobby Flay’s watermelon-tequila cocktail published in Food & Wine. I was going to use his recipe but I ran out of Tequila, so I decided to make a Mojito instead.
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 8 cups diced seedless Watermelon
- 1/4 cup fresh Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh Mint Leaves plus few more leaves for garnishing
- 1 cup Bacardi Rum
- Combine water and sugar in a small sauce pan
- Place sauce pan over medium heat and let the mixture simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the watermelon.
- Place fine strainer over a bowl
- Transfer purred watermelon over the strainer and press gently with a spoon to extract all the juice.
- Discard the pulp.
- In a large pitcher, combine lime juice, sugar syrup, mint, and blueberries.
- Lightly muddle blueberries and mint with a wooden spoon.
- Add watermelon and rum then stir.
- Transfer in ice filled glasses.
- Garnish with slice of lime and mint.
- ENJOY but please drink responsibly! Don't drink and drive!
Your comment is always appreciated.