Avocado Shake

Avocado Shake

Are avocados fruit or vegetables? Botanically, avocados are considered fruit but in the kitchen (especially mine), it is considered both. I’ve used and I’ve seen avocados in different culinary applications like sandwiches, salads, dips, and shakes. Shakes? Yes mam and yes sir! Shakes as in sweet-cold drinks and shakes as in milkshakes.

Avocado shake is a very popular treat in many countries, especially Asian countries. Check it out you, might actually like it!

Avocado Shake

1. 3 medium ripe Avocados
  2. 2 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
  3. 3/4 cup Condensed Milk
  4. 3 cups Ice Cubes
  5. 1 Cup Milk
  6. Sugar to taste (Optional)

1. Place ice cubes, milk, condensed milk, ice cream, and avocados in the blender.
  2. Blend until all ingredients are smooth.
  3. Add sugar or more condensed milk to taste.
  4. Pour in glasses then serve cold.

5. COOK'S NOTE:
  6. I like having chunks of avocados in my shake. So, I usually set aside an extra avocado, cut it up in small cubes, drop them in the glass of shake then eat them with spoon.

Rouxbe Online Cooking School & Video Recipes

Avocado Shake

23 Comments → “Avocado Shake”

1. Michelle Elliott Identicon Icon Michelle Elliott

3 years ago

It’s so ironic to see your post as I was trying to “sell” someone on the idea of avocado shake the other day! When I was young it was the only way I knew to have avocado (I have a Filipina Mum!), but when I was telling my friend, it was making her stomach churn! I do now prefer avocados in my salad, but might just try your recipe!

Hi Michelle,

Well, I do get the same response whenever avocado shake is brought up in a conversation. Try the recipe; it might be just a surprise treat. Thanks for your comment Michelle. :)

2. Noimee Identicon Icon Noimee

3 years ago

OMG! This drink brings back memories from back home. We used to have avocado shake when we were in school. Thanks Ray!

3. Mike Nhim Identicon Icon Mike Nhim

3 years ago

My wife saw this posting and made me go buy avocados at 9:30pm. I’ll let you know how it goes when she finish creating it. But it sure looks good and refreshing.

3 years ago

Sorry about that Mike but I’m sure you will be the big hero to your wife after she made the shake. I hope you didn’t forget the vanilla ice cream to go with it. Enjoy!! :)

4. Zeny Identicon Icon Zeny

3 years ago

I have never had avocado shake before but it looks yummy. I am an open minded person so I will definitely try it. Thanks for posting.

5. tonette Identicon Icon tonette

3 years ago

I saw this posting in Facebook. I will surely try it with vanilla ice cream sounds very tasty.

6. skip to malou Identicon Icon skip to malou

Ray,
    I so love your website. It looks so polished and so PRO. Now regarding this avocado shake… truth to tell, I cannot get my eyes off those glasses filled with avocado-creamy goodness. This is the gourmet version of what I had growing up.

Great job Ray, and here’s to knowing you more through your recipes and writings!

CHeerrs,
    Malou

3 years ago

Thank you for your compliment Malou! They are just full of goodness. The buttery flavor of avocado mixed with richness of vanilla ice cream, it’s really a yummy treat. Just don’t count the calories ok. LOL!

7. Sefie Identicon Icon Sefie

3 years ago

It was only after I moved to Australia that I realised that avocados were used for OTHER things apart from this kind of drink, or avocado “icecream” (mashed avocado with milk powder that you put in the freezer for a while). I don’t think I’d ever had guacamole before, so it never occurred to me that it wasn’t just a dessert ingredient. Unfortunately they’re over $3 each this time of year, so not really a good idea to go experimenting…

3 years ago

@Sefie – I know, avocados could get very expensive sometimes. Lucky for me, it was on sale at my favorite produce store for 3 for $1. Thank for your comment.

8. Faith Nhim Identicon Icon Faith Nhim

3 years ago

Making Mike go to the store @ 9:30 was worth it! It was so yummy! Even baby Nathan enjoyed it, I shared the recipe to one of my co-workers the next day and she also loved it… it was the first time she ever tried avocados this way :)

Hi Faith,

Well, I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe and I’m sure Mike is always glad to go to the store for you and the baby anytime. :) Avocado shake is one of my favorite fruit shake. Thank you for your comment Faith.

9. Angie's Recipes Identicon Icon Angie's Recipes

3 years ago

Ray, I love avocado, but seriously didn’t realize that I could actually use them to make a smooth creamy shake! Thanks for the Inspiration!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Angie

3 years ago

Thanks Angie and you have a wonderful weekend too! :)

10. irena Identicon Icon irena

3 years ago

What an interesting blog with fresh and beautiful recipes….plus everything for the kids. I like that. Think that they will get spoiled with wonderful cooking:) Love your shake idea….
    I love to cook to for my kids too….take a look when you have time:)Thanks:)

Hi Irena,

Actually, avocado shake is very popular in Asian countries and also in Brazil. Avocado shake is really-sinfully delicious. :) Thank you for visiting Irena and have a nice weekend.

11. ferre Identicon Icon ferre

3 years ago

When it comes to my indulgence,I don’t count calories;those are for hypocrites only…LoL=) But seriously when you put a little twist to anything that seemed simple,It always turn out to be a gourmet thing.Pls not to get tired of posting ..thnx.nd tc.

3 years ago

Hi Ferre! Thank you for the kind comment.

12. jade bienvenu Identicon Icon jade bienvenu

2 years ago

hi ray, i love your site , your recipes are great. i already tried some of your recipes and it never failed me. now i want to make avocado shake for my husband since he havn’t tried avocado shake before. and im sure he will love it, i wonder if you could give me an idea or recommend what kind of milk should i use and what brand would be best to use…. i would really appreciate it. thank you so much! more powers!

2 years ago

Hello Jade,

I really don’t have any preference as far as brand for as long as it’s whole milk and not reduced fat. Thank you and I’m glad you like our recipes.

Regards,

Ray

13. jade Identicon Icon jade

2 years ago

Hi ray, thanks for the reply… More powers to you.

14. […] Recipe and Photo credit to¬†wokwithray.net […]