Avocado Shake

Avocado Shake

Are avocados fruit or vegetables? Botanically, avocados are considered fruit but in the kitchen (especially mine), it is considered both. I’ve used and I’ve seen avocados in different culinary applications like sandwiches, salads, dips, and shakes. Shakes? Yes mam and yes sir! Shakes as in sweet-cold drinks and shakes as in milkshakes.

Avocado shake is a very popular treat in many countries, especially Asian countries. Check it out you, might actually like it!

Avocado Shake

• 3 medium ripe Avocados
  • 2 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
  • ¾ cup Condensed Milk
  • 3 cups Ice Cubes
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • Sugar to taste (Optional)
  1. Place ice cubes, milk, condensed milk, ice cream, and avocados in the blender.
  2. Blend until all ingredients are smooth.
  3. Add sugar or more condensed milk to taste.
  4. Pour in glasses then serve cold.
COOK'S NOTE:
  1. I like having chunks of avocados in my shake. So, I usually set aside an extra avocado, cut it up in small cubes, drop them in the glass of shake then eat them with spoon.

Avocado Shake

FacebookGoogle+Email

Comments

1. says

It’s so ironic to see your post as I was trying to “sell” someone on the idea of avocado shake the other day! When I was young it was the only way I knew to have avocado (I have a Filipina Mum!), but when I was telling my friend, it was making her stomach churn! I do now prefer avocados in my salad, but might just try your recipe!

• says

Hi Michelle,

Well, I do get the same response whenever avocado shake is brought up in a conversation. Try the recipe; it might be just a surprise treat. Thanks for your comment Michelle. :)

2. Noimee Identicon Noimee says

OMG! This drink brings back memories from back home. We used to have avocado shake when we were in school. Thanks Ray!

3. says

My wife saw this posting and made me go buy avocados at 9:30pm. I’ll let you know how it goes when she finish creating it. But it sure looks good and refreshing.

• says

Sorry about that Mike but I’m sure you will be the big hero to your wife after she made the shake. I hope you didn’t forget the vanilla ice cream to go with it. Enjoy!! :)

4. Zeny Identicon Zeny says

I have never had avocado shake before but it looks yummy. I am an open minded person so I will definitely try it. Thanks for posting.

5. says

Ray,
    I so love your website. It looks so polished and so PRO. Now regarding this avocado shake… truth to tell, I cannot get my eyes off those glasses filled with avocado-creamy goodness. This is the gourmet version of what I had growing up.

Great job Ray, and here’s to knowing you more through your recipes and writings!

CHeerrs,
    Malou

• says

Thank you for your compliment Malou! They are just full of goodness. The buttery flavor of avocado mixed with richness of vanilla ice cream, it’s really a yummy treat. Just don’t count the calories ok. LOL!

6. says

It was only after I moved to Australia that I realised that avocados were used for OTHER things apart from this kind of drink, or avocado “icecream” (mashed avocado with milk powder that you put in the freezer for a while). I don’t think I’d ever had guacamole before, so it never occurred to me that it wasn’t just a dessert ingredient. Unfortunately they’re over $3 each this time of year, so not really a good idea to go experimenting…

• says

@Sefie – I know, avocados could get very expensive sometimes. Lucky for me, it was on sale at my favorite produce store for 3 for $1. Thank for your comment.

7. Faith Nhim Identicon Faith Nhim says

Making Mike go to the store @ 9:30 was worth it! It was so yummy! Even baby Nathan enjoyed it, I shared the recipe to one of my co-workers the next day and she also loved it… it was the first time she ever tried avocados this way :)

• says

Hi Faith,

Well, I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe and I’m sure Mike is always glad to go to the store for you and the baby anytime. :) Avocado shake is one of my favorite fruit shake. Thank you for your comment Faith.

• says

Hi Irena,

Actually, avocado shake is very popular in Asian countries and also in Brazil. Avocado shake is really-sinfully delicious. :) Thank you for visiting Irena and have a nice weekend.

8. ferre Identicon ferre says

When it comes to my indulgence,I don’t count calories;those are for hypocrites only…LoL=) But seriously when you put a little twist to anything that seemed simple,It always turn out to be a gourmet thing.Pls not to get tired of posting ..thnx.nd tc.

9. jade bienvenu Identicon jade bienvenu says

hi ray, i love your site , your recipes are great. i already tried some of your recipes and it never failed me. now i want to make avocado shake for my husband since he havn’t tried avocado shake before. and im sure he will love it, i wonder if you could give me an idea or recommend what kind of milk should i use and what brand would be best to use…. i would really appreciate it. thank you so much! more powers!

• says

Hello Jade,

I really don’t have any preference as far as brand for as long as it’s whole milk and not reduced fat. Thank you and I’m glad you like our recipes.

Regards,